The Social and Cardiovascular Research Group at the Universidad de Alcalá is a multidisciplinary team of researchers devoted to Epidemiology and Public Health at the Universidad de Alcalá. Dr. Manuel Franco, the group coordinator, is also affiliated to the Department of Epidemiology at the Johns Hopkins BloombergSchool of Public Health.
Our main research areas are the following:
- Social determinants of cardiovascular health
- Neighborhood effects on cardiovascular health
- Population preventive approaches for cardiovascular disease
- Natural experiments and cardiovascular health
- Gender differences in cardiovascular risk
This group is committed to foster international scientific collaborations with recognized researchers at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Drexel University in Philadelphia, University of Wisconsin and Loyola University at Chicago, among other institutions.