Main research areas:
- Global change and biodiversity
- Forest regeneration and dynamics
- Mathematical population dynamics and time scales
- Ecosystem vulnerability and adaptation assessment
- Restoration of biodiversity and ecosystem services
- Distribution patterns of forest ecosystems and abiotic, historical and evolutionary determinants.
- Mechanisms that determines the structure and function of forests using large-scale data and modeling approaches.
- Effect of habitat loss and fragmentation on biodiversity.
- Ecosystem services provided by forests and their vulnerability to Global Change.
- Development of forest restoration methods and improvement of animal habitats.