To assure the quality of the programme, three important aspects are taken into consideration:
- Student information and orientation
- Monitoring the development of classes
- Internal and External evaluations
Student Information and Orientation
At an internal level, detailed instructions are provided regarding the functioning of the different modules of the Master’s programme:
- Through detailed dossiers with information regarding activities and specific assignments for each module, the teaching faculty, and evaluation criteria.
- Through academic advisors for each specialty.
- Periodic advisor meetings specific to each course, as well as the internship and Master’s thesis.
Job offers, information about courses and events related with the theme of the Master’s programme:
- Job opportunities for students and alumni
- Organization and recommendation of complementary courses and events related to the theme of the Master’s programme (by email, online employment platform, social media and other means: Facebook, REDIRIS distribution list, COMUNICA blog, IATIS, EST Newsletters. LinkedIn).
- Web page of the research group FITISPos – UAH
On an external level, through the main web page of the MA in Intercultural Communication, Public Service Interpreting and Translation, the FITISPos group, and their social networks.
- Página web de la Escuela de Postgrado (aspectos administrativos)
- Información sobre Derechos y obligaciones de los estudiantes
- Servicio de orientación al estudiante
- Servicio de Prácticas y Orientación profesional (ofertas de prácticas, empleo y noticias de actualidad)
- Bolsa de empleo de la UAH
- Página web informativa sobre becas y ayudas
- Página web de la Asociación de antiguos alumnos
Monitoring the development of classes
Along with the general evaluation procedures of quality, the university as well as the Master’s programme has a series of internal procedures established to assure the proper functioning and quality of the programme:
- Academic coordinators by specialty and selection of student delegates from each specialty
- Periodic meetings for the directors and academic coordinators
- Periodic meetings for the coordinators and specialty professors
- Specific meetings for students and the specialty coordinators
- Special information sessions at the beginning of each module and periodic advisor meetings for the student with the teaching faculty
- Period meetings with the academic commission and the Commission of Quality Guarantee to debate and answer questions and/or solve incidents
Evaluations at an internal and external level
The evaluation procedures of the programme are based on two aspects: external evaluation through ICE (UAH) and internal evaluation by modules on behalf of the Master’s programme directors
The evaluation by module is completed internally and includes three types of evaluation:
- Internal teaching faculty evaluation (at the end of each onsite module through student surveys and coordinators – December and February)
- Internal student evaluation (upon finishing the onsite classes through teaching faculty and coordinator surveys)
- Report about the development of internships from both the student and the corresponding institution
Information about external evaluation: ICE web page
There are also evaluation procedures regarding job-placement of alumni. The evaluation is done internally though specific questionnaires that are sent every year to previous students. To see the conclusions generated up until this point, consult the following information or the Escuela de Postgrado’s web page.