Farm-based modeling approaches, partial or general equilibrium models have been widely developed and used to analyze the impact of global change in agricultural activity. There is plenty of research papers in the literature about this topic although sometimes not enough emphasis has been put in the methodology used. Most of the methods are commonly used in general economics, but the application to agriculture and environmental data has interesting particularities and this book aims to compile some examples on the most used tools in the context of an interesting and policy relevant topic, such as the global change economic impacts on agriculture.
- Quiroga S., Suárez C. (2015). Climate change and water scarcity effects on the rural income distribution in the Mediterranean: A case study for Spain. Natural Hazards and Earth System Science Discussion. Spetial Issue on Climate change, extreme events and hazards in the Mediterranean region. (on line).
- Quiroga S., Solís J.D., Suárez C. (2015). Exploring coffee farmers’ awareness about climate change and water needs: smallholders’ perceptions of adaptive capacity. Environmental Science and Policy, 45, 53-66.
- Quiroga S., Fernández-Haddad Z., Suárez C. (2014). Do water rights affect technical efficiency and social disparities of crop production in the Mediterranean?. Water, 6, 3300-3319.
- Gaál; M., Quiroga, S., Fernandez-Haddad, Z. (2014) “Potential impacts of climate change on agricultural land use suitability of the Hungarian counties”. Regional Environmental Change. 14, 597-610.
- González-Zeas D, Quiroga S, Iglesias A, Garrote L (2014). Looking beyond the average agricultural impacts in defining adaptation needs in Europe. Regional Environmental Change. 14, 1983-1993.
- Gaál; M., Quiroga, S., Fernandez-Haddad, Z. (2014). “Potential impacts of climate change on agricultural land use suitability of the Hungarian counties”. Regional Environmental Change. 14, 597-610.
- García de Jalón S, Iglesias A, Quiroga S, Bardají I (2013) Exploring public support for climate change adaptation policies in the Mediterranean region: A case study in Southern Spain. Environmental Science and Policy, 29, 1-11.
- Wolf, S. et al (2013): “A multi-agent model of several economic regions” Environmental Modeling and Software, March.
- Iglesias, A., Garrote, L., Quiroga, S., Moneo, M. (2012). “A regional comparison of the effects of climate change on agriculture in Europe”. Climatic Change, 112, 1, 29-46.
- Iglesias, A., Quiroga, S., Moneo, M., Garrote, L. (2012). “From climate change impacts to the development of adaptation strategies: Challenges for agriculture in Europe” Climatic Change, 112, 1, 143-168
- Iglesias, A., Quiroga, S., Diz, A. (2011) “Looking into the future of agriculture in a changing climate”. European Review of Agricultural Economics, 38 (3) pp. 427–447.
- Quiroga, S. Garrote L., Fernandez-Haddad, Z., Iglesias, A. (2011). “Valuing drought information for irrigation farmers: potential development of a hydrological risk insurance in Spain”. Spanish Journal of Agricultural Research, 9(4), 1059-1075.
- Quiroga, S., Fernández-Haddad, Z , Iglesias, A. (2011). “Crop yields response to water pressures in the Ebro basin in spain: risk and water policy implications”. Hydrology Earth Systems Science, 15, p. 505-518. Doi:10.5194/Hess-15-505-2011
- Iglesias, A., Raoudha, M., Moneo, M., Quiroga, S. (2011). “Towards adaptation of agriculture to climate change in the Mediterranean”. Regional Enviromnental Change, 11 (Suppl 1), S159–S166. Doi: 10.1007/S10113-010-0187-4
- Quiroga, S., Garrote, L., Iglesias, A., Fernández-Haddad, Z., Schlickenrieder, J., De Lama, B., Mosso, C., Sanchez-Arcilla, A. (2011). “The economic value of drought information for water management under climate change: a case study in the Ebro Basin”. Natural Hazards And Earth System Sciences, 11, 1-15.
- Iglesias A, Quiroga S., Schlickenrieder J. (2010). “Climate change and agricultural adaptation: assessing management uncertainty for four crop types in Spain”. Climatic Research, 44, p. 83-94. Doi:10.3354/Cr0092.